Sunday, March 21, 2010

Richard Armitage Fnstrvgnz Fan Showcase: Elva75!

The end of the Richard Armitage Fnstrvgnz is approaching. Before the week is over I must get this out of my system: the song is echoing in my head! La-la-la, la-la...

You've probably seen Elva75's work, but may not know more than just a nickname. I've chosen to showcase her and her North and South fanvid 'Can't get you out of my head' since it's how North and South hit me.


That's some tune huh. I love that bit at 1:37 mins of the Master's meeting. There are some JT huffy exits, and fabulous editing at 3:10 as if Margaret and Thorton are in the same scene.

Here's a Q&A session with Elva and like all talented people she's gushy about what she loves. My inserts are in italics.

How long have you been a fan of Richard Armitage?

I fell head over heals for Richards portrayal of Mr. Thornton when I watched North and South in November of 2007 and haven't recovered since : )

How long have you been making fanvids? How did you learn to make them?

I started making fanvids in the spring of 2008, I just stumbled my way through Sony Vegas, not the easiest program to use, but I've been mastering it ever since.

What was your inspiration or driving force behind 'Can't get you out of my head' and 'Crazy in Love'?

Since I started vidding I havent been able to listen to the radio or any music really without constantly thinking about it as a potential candidate for a video. I really enjoy making period drama videos to unconventional songs and thats why I chose 'Can't get you out of my head', and the lyrics just fit Thornton and Margaret really well, the same goes with 'Crazy in love'.


What 'process' do you go through when making an artwork like a fanvid?

My 'Process' is quite simple, I hear a song and if it screams a certain pairing or film I won't rest until I've made something to it. I like playing with a bit of manipulation and Ive done quite a few Alternative Universe vids too which are really demanding. I always try my best to have a good flow in my videos, vidding is a bit like choreographing a dance routine : )

(From Wikipedia: Alternate Universe abbreviated AU, are what-ifs that explore the possibilities of pivotal changes made to characters' history, motivations or environment)

What is your favourite RA fanvid creation?

My favorite RA fanvid creation is 'Taking Over Me'. (This one rocks! - Ragtag)
 

It really shows a lot of my favorite RA moments in North and South. The one I like most in terms of technical standards is 'Untouched'.


Have you ever collaborated with other RA fans to create artworks?

Ive never collaborated with anyone else but I'd really like to try it one day.

I'd love to see the result of that too, Elva. Excuse me while I hit replay on that first tune. La-la-la...

5 comments:

Avalon said...

Great interview!
I like her work. RA has some very talented and sweet fans.

mulubinba said...

Thanks Elva and Ragtag. Nice interview!

Phylly3 said...

Nice interview! Thanks to you, I just checked out Elva75's Youtube channel and I'm glad I did because I found a real gem there.
I really like the song by Hraun called "Ease Your Mind", and the video story she has made from it is really inventive and original!

Starheart said...

Phylly that's the first fanvid of Elva's that made me sit up and hit 'more from Elva75'. Those burnished copper graphics are exquisite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebdrk29sXBw

A little racy :)

Anonymous said...

Super interview, super vids! Thanks so much to both of you.