Turns out the movie's pretty light on the dogs and heavy on the punchlines. Let's put it through the Ragtag Romcometer, a measuring gauge made from all the Sandra Bullock comedies I'll admit to watching.
- While You Were Sleeping - highest rotation, taped from tv with commercials correctly paused out
- Miss Congeniality - hehe *snort*
<------- Must Love Dogs - I'd watch it again for the John Cusack parts
- Two Weeks Notice - wouldn't change the channel if it was up next
- The Proposal - starts out well but got really bland
- Forces of Nature - didn't finish it
- Practical Magic - has a deserving place on the bonfire
Romcometer has decided that it ranks above the average Sandra Bullock romcom but WYWS and MC are still top dogs. The sheer number of one-liners per minute puts it in the top 3. It's easy to know the two leads will end up together because
a) It's a romcom, duh
b) They talk the same, think the same, act the same. John Cusack's character sounds like a self-absorbed neurotic but vulnerable woman in her late 40s. I thought he was sweet. Is that wrong?